Intimidated by the process of arranging Home Care?
Arranging for care at home can seem like a daunting task. It is natural for you to have conflicting feelings and emotions, and to have uncertainties and doubts.
This free guide, “The Simple Steps For Getting Care at Home”, will help make this process “less difficult”.
If you would like peace of mind that you are making the right decision when it comes to choosing if you or your loved one needs home care, and you would like the process of arranging for home care to be made simple for you, then
Today, we want to share with you some tips on what to look for when choosing a home care agency.
When opting for home care (domiciliary care), you will want to compare home care agencies within your local area. So, let’s look at some of the things you will want to consider:
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- What qualifications, training and experience do the agency’s carers have? You will want to check how experienced and familiar they are in providing the specific type of care your loved one would require. For example, how much experience do they have in working with people that have dementia.
- How many different carers will be visiting you (or loved one) each time? For most people, they would much prefer to have the same few carers each visit. This will be to better build closer relationships.
- How will the carer keep family members informed on the care provided? How will they keep relatives updated on your condition each visit? This could include timesheets, written records, as well as verbal feedback.
- How will the agency decide which carer is best suited to your needs?
- How flexible is the agency in tailoring their service offering to your requirements? And how adaptable are they if your requirements change?
- What policies does the agency have in place to safeguard you or you older loved one, and to ensure that quality of care is maintained?
- And lastly, what is the agency’s pricing structure and what is included in that cost?
Of course there are many things you will want to take into consideration when comparing home care agencies, but this short list should help get you started!
At Kells Domiciliary, we have over 30 years experience of providing a high quality level of loving care, and we take pride in our high standards. If you would like more information, please get in touch!